For All Feet
- Wash your feet daily. Rinse off all soap and dry thoroughly, especially between toes.
- Trim nails straight across, and not too short. Don’t cut out or dig at corners.
- Do not trim, shave, or use over-the-counter medicines to dissolve corns or calluses
- Wear clean socks or stockings, changed daily. Don’t wear any that are too short or too tight.
- Wear shoes that fit. (See Finding the Right Shoes For You.)
Some people’s feet sweat more than others, and are more prone to athlete’s foot. These tips may help:
- Wear shoes made of leather or canvas – not synthetics. Sandals are good.
- Switch shoes from day to day.
- Use foot powder.
- See your doctor if severe problems persist.